We all do it! We all learnt how to do it from a young age. Walking of-course! Our feet have been our companions for a long time and its time for them to shine! National walking day is a brilliant way to promote your healthy lifestyle. Did you know walking is considered to be an excellent form of exercise with many health benefits? It may not feel like much but every step truly does count. Make today the day you decide to walk that extra mile, or take those stairs instead of the lift or escalator. Remember simply small changes like this have positive affects on the mind, body and spirit. Best part no gym membership required. Lets start today and sustain that fantastic energy. Left, right, left, right left…
Five scientific facts about walking
1. Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer.
2. Reduce and prevent obesity.
3. Improves blood pressure and sugar levels.
4. Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
5. Increases energy and improves your stamina.
Five fun facts about walking
1. Scientists believed that walking originated underwater! Apparently from hopping from air-breathing fish.
2. In America walking is considered to be the most popular form of exercise.
3. Experts suggest walking 6,000 steps a day to improve health and 10,000 steps a day to lose weight
4. Studies have found not only can walking reduce stress but helps you becomes more creative.
5. Helps in maintaining healthy skin.
Five foot facts to keep walking
1. Wear comfortable walking shoes and trainers.
2. Walk at your own pace and increase speed in short and steady bursts.
3. Keep a water bottle on you to hydrate.
4. Wear socks in your shoes & trainers.
5. Alternate your footwear to keep them fresh!
If you do have any pain in the foot or ankle and are unsure about what it may be, book an appointment to see Dina Gohil to help soothe those soles.